Japan plans to revise its guidelines on the drone delivery of medicines later this month, which would mark the first revision since they were established two years ago. Service providers are closely watching how they will be revised, with calls…
HOME > COMMENTARY
- Revision of Guidelines on Drone Drug Deliveries Expected by March-End: Will Powerful Meds Be OK'ed?
March 17, 2023
- FY2024 Pricing Reform Likely to Focus on “Balance” between Rewarding Innovation and Optimizing LLP Prices
February 6, 2023
- LDP Expects to Finalize Tax Reform Plan This Week; Will It Expand R&D Credit System?
December 13, 2022
- Japan Should Hone Emergency Approval Scheme Based on Xocova Example
November 28, 2022
- Pharma Industry Stays Pat on “No” to Off-Year Plan, Why Not Going for Trade-Off?
November 22, 2022
- Pharma Industry Faces Hurdles in Getting Medical Circle to Accept Softer Drug Price Cut Plan
September 28, 2022
- Delving into Potential Implications of Envisaged Price Revision Overhaul
September 12, 2022
- Generic Industry Has High Hopes on New Expert Panel; Will Its Recommendations Ease Impact of Annual Re-Pricing?
September 9, 2022
- Tussle in Japan Diabetes Market Heating Up; BI and Sumitomo Nip and Tuck for No. 1 Slot
August 29, 2022
- Launch of New Expert Panel Nears, How Can It Make Its Proposal Productive?
August 25, 2022
- Pharma Eyes Riveted on JMA’s Stance on Off-Year Revision as New Chief Builds Ties with Govt
August 22, 2022
- Govt Should Examine Challenges with Emergency Approval Scheme Exposed by Shionogi Pill Review
July 25, 2022
- Japan Set to Build Legal Framework for Health Data Use as Initiative Enshrined in Honebuto 2022
July 25, 2022
- Japan Should Accelerate Debate on Legalizing Cannabis-Derived Drugs for Refractory Epilepsies
June 27, 2022
- New Zero Premium Rule Applied to 6 Drugs Since April Rollout, Is It Incentivizing Cost Disclosure?
June 2, 2022
- Foreign Pharma Growing Vocal against Japan’s Pricing Policy, Flags Return of Drug Lag
May 10, 2022
- SCARDA Now Up and Running: Will It Lead to a Recovery in Japan’s Ability to Develop Vaccines?
April 22, 2022
- Ukraine War Sheds Light on Vulnerabilities in Pharmaceutical Supply Chains in Emergencies
April 19, 2022
- Drug Makers Forced to Make Tough Decisions on AG Strategies: Licensing Profits or Losses on Early G1 Cuts?
April 8, 2022
- Drug Makers Guard against Price Adjustment Rate, Off-Year Revision Debates: Jiho Poll
March 16, 2022
The healthcare supply chain in Japan, as in all major markets, consists of biopharmaceutical manufacturers selling to wholesalers who in turn sell to hospitals, clinics, and pharmacies, where the drugs are finally dispensed to patients. Each party ideally contributes value…
Authorized generic (AG) strategies taken by innovative drug makers might help soften the impact of generic competition in their businesses but such tactics might also accelerate the application of “G1”/“G2” price cuts for their off-patent brand-name medicines, a Jiho tally…
Japan’s health ministry announced new NHI prices to be applied in April under the FY2022 drug price revision in the official gazette on March 4, with the earlier application of so-called “G1” price cuts to be implemented for the first…