The healthcare supply chain in Japan, as in all major markets, consists of biopharmaceutical manufacturers selling to wholesalers who in turn sell to hospitals, clinics, and pharmacies, where the drugs are finally dispensed to patients. Each party ideally contributes value…
HOME > COMMENTARY
- IPOs or Sale? Employee Motivation Depends on Exit Strategies of Investment Funds
September 16, 2020
- Sumitomo Dainippon Aims at 100 Billion Yen Sales from “Frontier Business,” Making Challenge Beyond Drugs
September 9, 2020
- COVID-19 Pandemic to Test True Value of MHLW’s Officers with Medical/Pharma Backgrounds
August 26, 2020
- COVID-19’s Impact on Pharma Becoming Clearer with New Data, Earnings
August 17, 2020
- With Equivocal Honebuto Wording, Off-Year Re-Pricing Debate Delayed Until Year-End
July 30, 2020
- Japan to See Arrival of 1st Treatment for HFpEF, Will Entresto Meet Unmet Medical Needs?
July 22, 2020
- Diabetes Market Regaining Momentum with New Launches; First Oral GLP-1 a Game Changer?
July 13, 2020
- Will Zolgensma Delay Spur Revision of Sakigake Designation System?
June 11, 2020
- Establish Development Regime to Always Be Prepared for New Infectious Disease, Global Health Confab Urges amid COVID-19
May 7, 2020
- Blurred Outlook for Off-Year Drug Re-Pricing, Will Japan Go Ahead with April 2021 Plan?
April 27, 2020
- Drug Rep Number Might Have Logged 5,000-Plus Decrease in 1 Year: Jiho Tally
April 22, 2020
- Lenvima Heading into Megablockbuster Territory, Will Merck Tie-Up Help It Top Combined Aricept/Pariet Sales?
March 12, 2020
- Course of Govt’s “All-Generation” Social Security Reform Could Impact Pharma
December 5, 2019
- Unison Capital Shows Rising Presence with Kyowa Deal, PE Fund Potential Catalyst for Industry Shakeup?
November 22, 2019
- Finance Officials, Payers Grow Jittery as Xolair’s Pollen Allergy Nod Looms
November 18, 2019
- Pharma’s Downsizing Bandwagon Shows No Sign of Slowing, Companies Seeking Even Leaner Staff
October 28, 2019
- Pharma Should Tap Health Coverage Debate as Catalyst to Draw Govt’s Commitment on Innovation
October 1, 2019
- After Death in First-in-Human Study, MHLW Needs to Release Info. to Alleviate Concerns about Participation in Studies
August 26, 2019
- Generic Players Step Up Info Disclosure for Survival in Post-80% Era
July 16, 2019
- Drug Pricing Debate for 2020 Reform Going into High Gear; Industry Leery of Post-Election Surprises
July 5, 2019
“Balance” seems to be the keyword for the next drug pricing reform in FY2024. Japan now appears ready to seek a better balance between evaluating innovative medicines and taking tough measures against companies dependent on long-listed products (LLPs) and generic…
Authorized generic (AG) strategies taken by innovative drug makers might help soften the impact of generic competition in their businesses but such tactics might also accelerate the application of “G1”/“G2” price cuts for their off-patent brand-name medicines, a Jiho tally…
Japan’s health ministry announced new NHI prices to be applied in April under the FY2022 drug price revision in the official gazette on March 4, with the earlier application of so-called “G1” price cuts to be implemented for the first…