Novo Nordisk’s weight-loss medication Wegovy (semaglutide) was approved in Japan in March. While it skipped the May round of reimbursement listing, physicians eagerly await the arrival of what would be the first new obesity drug in three decades. Other companies…
HOME > COMMENTARY
- Can CROs Become Independent Players? Compliance, Ethics Will Be Major Issues for Growing Industry
April 28, 2014
- Industry Faces Tough Road to Institutionalization of Key Premium, Eligibility Up for Discussion
April 21, 2014
- Approval of Novel Antiepileptic Drugs as Monotherapies Coming Closer to Reality
April 7, 2014
- Will Japan NIH Initiative Create a “Japanese Model” that Overcomes Its Size Disadvantage?
March 28, 2014
- CASE-J Flutter: Doesn’t Blopress Ad Overemphasize Its Benefits on Diabetes?
March 19, 2014
- “Lack of Urgency” Leads to New Rule; Penalty for Low Price Settlement Rates May Have Been Inevitable
March 12, 2014
- Hardships and Successes of Diversified Entrants Lead to Question: Will Pharmaceuticals Continue to Be a Growth Sector?
March 5, 2014
- Revised JCS Guidelines Clarify Role of Novel Oral Anticoagulants in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation
February 12, 2014
- Will JPWA’s Move to Integrate Tax Display Method Dispel Medical Institutions’ Misconception?
January 31, 2014
- FY2014 May Be Year 1 of New Reform Era; Drug Makers Need to “Turn Calamity into Good Fortune”
January 7, 2014
- First SGLT-2 Inhibitor Set to Debut Next April; Curtain Rising on “Unprecedentedly Competitive” Market
December 18, 2013
- Bearing “Edo” in Its Name, Japan-Originated Edoxaban Set to Challenge Rival Anticoagulants in World Market
December 6, 2013
- MHLW Shocks Generic Drug Industry by Proposing “50% Rule,” Expansion of Uniform Pricing
November 19, 2013
- Range of Drugs Eligible for Premium for New Drug Development May Be Reviewed; Industry Needs to Dispel Suspicions
November 13, 2013
- Interim Report of Diovan Committee Raises Further Questions
October 15, 2013
- Remicade Biosimilar Debut Awaited in FY2014; Good Opportunity to Revisit Healthcare Finance?
October 4, 2013
- Comprehensive Review of Package Inserts to Begin with Effort to Identify Inconsistencies Between Inserts for Similar Drugs
August 27, 2013
- Transparency Guidelines Go Live, Will It Help Pharmas Win Public Trust?
August 2, 2013
- Overseas Outlook Will Be Essential to Survival and Progress of Domestic CROs
June 24, 2013
- PMDA’s Seriousness About Becoming a Leading Global Regulatory Authority to Be Tested
May 30, 2013
President Joe Biden enacted the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) on August 16, 2022, significantly affecting Medicare prescription drug coverage and introducing targeted changes to Medicaid, the Children’s Health Insurance Program, and private health insurance. In January 2023, the Centers for…
Authorized generic (AG) strategies taken by innovative drug makers might help soften the impact of generic competition in their businesses but such tactics might also accelerate the application of “G1”/“G2” price cuts for their off-patent brand-name medicines, a Jiho tally…
Japan’s health ministry announced new NHI prices to be applied in April under the FY2022 drug price revision in the official gazette on March 4, with the earlier application of so-called “G1” price cuts to be implemented for the first…