1. What information we collect about you
We may collect the following personal data about you, when you sign up for our services.
name, birth year, address (including country and region), telephone and fax numbers, email address, credit card number, company name, type of company, title, length of service at the company, job seekers’ resume and work preferences, user ID and password
We may also collect our website’s usage information by using cookies. Cookies are files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behavior information. You may refuse to accept cookies by altering the settings on your internet browser
2. How we use your personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes, in addition to the purpose of the use in the press or in writing on printed publications or electronic media:
(1) Subscription service for printed publications, including newspapers, magazines and books;
(2) Subscription service for electronic media and database;
(3) Advertisement on printed publications, including newspapers, magazines and books, and on the internet;
(4) Organizing seminars and events;
(5) Inquiry research for marketing to readers and subscribers;
(6) Management and licensing of intellectual property including copyright;
(7) Promotion of our services, communications to respond to inquiries from customers, and other customer services;
(8) Management of business contacts; and
(9) Employees and job seekers’ management
3. Security control of your personal data
We take necessary and appropriate measures for the security control of your personal data including preventing the leakage, loss or damage of your personal data.
4. Provision of your personal data to a third party
We will not provide your personal data to a third party without obtaining your consent in advance, except as permitted by the law and regulations including the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
5. Your rights as data subject
We accept your requests to disclose, make a correction of, cease utilization of or delete your personal data in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and related corporate rules. If you are a resident in the European Economic Area (the “EEA” consists of all EU member states, plus Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway), you have the following rights regarding the processing of your personal data.
(1) Right to access to your personal data and related information
(2) Right to rectification of your inaccurate personal data
(3) Right to erasure of your personal data by withdrawing your consent
(4) Right to restriction of processing your personal data
(5) Right to data portability (right to receive your personal data we collect in a machine-readable format and to reuse it for your own purposes)
(6) Right to object
(7) Right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling
(8) Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority,
6. Compliance program
We implement, and regularly revise and improve the compliance program for the protection and handling of personal data.
8. How to contact us
If you have any inquiries about your personal data or if you want to exercise your rights, please contact us by e-mail at [email@example.com].