Novo Nordisk’s weight-loss medication Wegovy (semaglutide) was approved in Japan in March. While it skipped the May round of reimbursement listing, physicians eagerly await the arrival of what would be the first new obesity drug in three decades. Other companies…
Generic Industry Has High Hopes on New Expert Panel; Will Its Recommendations Ease Impact of Annual Re-Pricing?
To read the full story
- Will Wegovy Lead the Way in Changing Picture of Obesity Treatment in Japan?
May 23, 2023
- Will Bill to Amend Medical Infrastructure Law Accelerate Drug Discovery for Rare Diseases?
April 28, 2023
- Some Pharma Makers Leery of Further Cut into Off-Patent Brands in Japan
April 3, 2023
- Revision of Guidelines on Drone Drug Deliveries Expected by March-End: Will Powerful Meds Be OK'ed?
March 17, 2023
- FY2024 Pricing Reform Likely to Focus on “Balance” between Rewarding Innovation and Optimizing LLP Prices
February 6, 2023
President Joe Biden enacted the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) on August 16, 2022, significantly affecting Medicare prescription drug coverage and introducing targeted changes to Medicaid, the Children’s Health Insurance Program, and private health insurance. In January 2023, the Centers for…
Authorized generic (AG) strategies taken by innovative drug makers might help soften the impact of generic competition in their businesses but such tactics might also accelerate the application of “G1”/“G2” price cuts for their off-patent brand-name medicines, a Jiho tally…
Japan’s health ministry announced new NHI prices to be applied in April under the FY2022 drug price revision in the official gazette on March 4, with the earlier application of so-called “G1” price cuts to be implemented for the first…