CSIMC Recommends NHI Price Listing for 15 APIs/20 Products(Sep.7.2011)
At a general meeting on September 7, the Central Social Insurance Medical Council (CSIMC; Chuikyo) recommended NHI price listing for 15 APIs (active pharmaceutical ingredients)/20 products, including AstraZeneca’s proton pump inhibitor (PPI) Nexium capsule 10 mg and 20 mg (esomeprazole magnesium) and Astellas Pharma’s treatment for overactive bladder Betanis Tablet 25 mg and 50 mg (mirabegron). The adrenal hormone preparation EpiPen Injection 0.15 mg and 0.3 mg (adrenaline) will be added to the NHI price list on September 22. Other products will be included in the NHI price list on September 12.
- Cabinet OKs Appointment of Keio Prof as Japan NIH Head Oct.31
- MHLW to Issue Notification with Survey Form on Adverse Reactions to HPV Vaccines Oct.31
- Lantus Biosimilars Likely to Be OKed by Year-End: First Committee Oct.30
- Welfare Recipients Should Pay Difference between Generic and Branded Drug Prices: MOF Oct.29
- Health Ministry Shares Views on PI Studies for Japanese Patients Oct.29