CSIMC Recommends NHI Price Listing for 15 APIs/20 Products(Sep.7.2011)
At a general meeting on September 7, the Central Social Insurance Medical Council (CSIMC; Chuikyo) recommended NHI price listing for 15 APIs (active pharmaceutical ingredients)/20 products, including AstraZeneca’s proton pump inhibitor (PPI) Nexium capsule 10 mg and 20 mg (esomeprazole magnesium) and Astellas Pharma’s treatment for overactive bladder Betanis Tablet 25 mg and 50 mg (mirabegron). The adrenal hormone preparation EpiPen Injection 0.15 mg and 0.3 mg (adrenaline) will be added to the NHI price list on September 22. Other products will be included in the NHI price list on September 12.
- Report of Changes to Package Inserts to Be Required Before Providing Revised Information to Healthcare Professionals Under New System Aug.21
- Health Sciences Council to Include “Program to Promote Joint Drug Development by Govt and Private Sector” in FY2015 Budget Request Aug.21
- Generic Use Promotion Best Possible Way for Reducing Social Welfare Expenses: LDP Kono Aug.20
- MHLW Drug Evaluation Head Eyes Flexible Designation Criteria for New Fast-Track Review System Aug.19
- Emergency Use of Favipiravir to Be Permitted if Domestic Outbreak of Ebola Occurs: Health Minister Aug.19