CSIMC Recommends NHI Price Listing for 15 APIs/20 Products(Sep.7.2011)
At a general meeting on September 7, the Central Social Insurance Medical Council (CSIMC; Chuikyo) recommended NHI price listing for 15 APIs (active pharmaceutical ingredients)/20 products, including AstraZeneca’s proton pump inhibitor (PPI) Nexium capsule 10 mg and 20 mg (esomeprazole magnesium) and Astellas Pharma’s treatment for overactive bladder Betanis Tablet 25 mg and 50 mg (mirabegron). The adrenal hormone preparation EpiPen Injection 0.15 mg and 0.3 mg (adrenaline) will be added to the NHI price list on September 22. Other products will be included in the NHI price list on September 12.
- FPMAJ Wants Continuation of Innovation Premium, No Market Price-Based Price Revision in 2017: Chuikyo Hearings Aug.27
- Chuikyo’s HTA Panel Issues Interim Report, Appraisal Results to Be Used to Re-Price Selected Listed Drugs Aug.27
- Development Projects, Regulatory Filings Increasing Thanks to Innovation Premium: PhRMA, EFPIA Aug.27
- MHLW Seeks 30.7 Trillion Yen in FY2016 Budget, 104.3 Billion for Drug, Healthcare Initiatives Aug.27
- Chuikyo Reps Trade Barbs over Pricing of Harvoni, Listing OK'ed by a Whisker Aug.27