CSIMC Recommends NHI Price Listing for 15 APIs/20 Products(Sep.7.2011)
At a general meeting on September 7, the Central Social Insurance Medical Council (CSIMC; Chuikyo) recommended NHI price listing for 15 APIs (active pharmaceutical ingredients)/20 products, including AstraZeneca’s proton pump inhibitor (PPI) Nexium capsule 10 mg and 20 mg (esomeprazole magnesium) and Astellas Pharma’s treatment for overactive bladder Betanis Tablet 25 mg and 50 mg (mirabegron). The adrenal hormone preparation EpiPen Injection 0.15 mg and 0.3 mg (adrenaline) will be added to the NHI price list on September 22. Other products will be included in the NHI price list on September 12.
- Chuikyo Subcommittee OKs Point-Based Premium Calculation Method, Adoption Scheduled in May Apr.24
- LDP Study Group to Call for Expansion of R&D Tax Credit System, Oppose Annual NHI Price Cuts Apr.24
- PAFSC’s Second Committee to Discuss Janssen, Sanofi Prostate Cancer Drugs on April 30 Apr.23
- Public Knowledge-Based Applications Appropriate for Propranolol, Levonorgestrel: Panel Apr.23
- Health Minister Wary about Annual Drug Price Cuts, but Aso, Amari Give Backing Apr.23