CSIMC Recommends NHI Price Listing for 15 APIs/20 Products(Sep.7.2011)
At a general meeting on September 7, the Central Social Insurance Medical Council (CSIMC; Chuikyo) recommended NHI price listing for 15 APIs (active pharmaceutical ingredients)/20 products, including AstraZeneca’s proton pump inhibitor (PPI) Nexium capsule 10 mg and 20 mg (esomeprazole magnesium) and Astellas Pharma’s treatment for overactive bladder Betanis Tablet 25 mg and 50 mg (mirabegron). The adrenal hormone preparation EpiPen Injection 0.15 mg and 0.3 mg (adrenaline) will be added to the NHI price list on September 22. Other products will be included in the NHI price list on September 12.
- Novartis Pharma Should Take Thorough Measures to Prevent Worker Involvement in IITs: Health Minister Dec.22
- New “Compassionate Use” System to Be Introduced in FY2015; Will Apply to Industry-Sponsored Trials as well as IITs Dec.22
- Orphan Designation to Be Expanded to Include Intractable Diseases Affecting More than 50,000 Patients Dec.22
- MHLW OKs New Indication for Nesp, Pediatric Dosages for Cancidas Dec.19
- LDP to Begin Intensive Tax Debate from December 25 Dec.19