CSIMC Recommends NHI Price Listing for 15 APIs/20 Products(Sep.7.2011)
At a general meeting on September 7, the Central Social Insurance Medical Council (CSIMC; Chuikyo) recommended NHI price listing for 15 APIs (active pharmaceutical ingredients)/20 products, including AstraZeneca’s proton pump inhibitor (PPI) Nexium capsule 10 mg and 20 mg (esomeprazole magnesium) and Astellas Pharma’s treatment for overactive bladder Betanis Tablet 25 mg and 50 mg (mirabegron). The adrenal hormone preparation EpiPen Injection 0.15 mg and 0.3 mg (adrenaline) will be added to the NHI price list on September 22. Other products will be included in the NHI price list on September 12.
- PMDA Evaluating Xtandi for Risk of Thrombocytopenia Sep.30
- MHLW OKs 19 Products Including MSD’s Insomnia Drug Suvorexant Sep.29
- Daclatasvir/Asunaprevir Combination Therapy for Hepatitis C Now Eligible for Medical Subsidy: MHLW Sep.26
- Govt Panel Approves Plan for Special Zone in Kansai Area Where Mixed-Healthcare Using Unapproved Drugs Will Be Permitted Sep.26
- Editor’s Pick: Five Healthcare News Headlines for September 8 – September 19 Sep.25