CSIMC Recommends NHI Price Listing for 15 APIs/20 Products(Sep.7.2011)
At a general meeting on September 7, the Central Social Insurance Medical Council (CSIMC; Chuikyo) recommended NHI price listing for 15 APIs (active pharmaceutical ingredients)/20 products, including AstraZeneca’s proton pump inhibitor (PPI) Nexium capsule 10 mg and 20 mg (esomeprazole magnesium) and Astellas Pharma’s treatment for overactive bladder Betanis Tablet 25 mg and 50 mg (mirabegron). The adrenal hormone preparation EpiPen Injection 0.15 mg and 0.3 mg (adrenaline) will be added to the NHI price list on September 22. Other products will be included in the NHI price list on September 12.
- JPMA to Examine Clinical Trial Costs Aug.01
- Improvement Order Issued to Novartis over Delayed ADR Reporting Aug.01
- Government to Increase Review Fee for New Generic Drugs from 630,000 Yen to 940,000 Yen Aug.01
- JPA’s Abe Makes Chuikyo Debut, Says No to Annual Drug Price Revisions Jul.31
- Regulatory Review Trend in Japan Signals Pharmas’ Shift to Cancer Drugs: Jiho Tally Jul.30