CSIMC Recommends NHI Price Listing for 15 APIs/20 Products(Sep.7.2011)
At a general meeting on September 7, the Central Social Insurance Medical Council (CSIMC; Chuikyo) recommended NHI price listing for 15 APIs (active pharmaceutical ingredients)/20 products, including AstraZeneca’s proton pump inhibitor (PPI) Nexium capsule 10 mg and 20 mg (esomeprazole magnesium) and Astellas Pharma’s treatment for overactive bladder Betanis Tablet 25 mg and 50 mg (mirabegron). The adrenal hormone preparation EpiPen Injection 0.15 mg and 0.3 mg (adrenaline) will be added to the NHI price list on September 22. Other products will be included in the NHI price list on September 12.
- MHLW Launches Discussions on Requirements for Legally Backed Clinical Research Core Hospitals Sep.17
- Regulatory Reform Council to Monitor Progress on Proposed Pricing Overhaul of Innovative Drugs Sep.17
- MHLW Orders Revision of Package Insert for Lyrica Sep.17
- PMDA Issues Alert on Administration of ARBs and ACE Inhibitors in Pregnant Women Sep.12
- US FDA Approves Obesity Treatment Contrave; Takeda Has Marketing Rights Sep.12