CSIMC Recommends NHI Price Listing for 15 APIs/20 Products(Sep.7.2011)
At a general meeting on September 7, the Central Social Insurance Medical Council (CSIMC; Chuikyo) recommended NHI price listing for 15 APIs (active pharmaceutical ingredients)/20 products, including AstraZeneca’s proton pump inhibitor (PPI) Nexium capsule 10 mg and 20 mg (esomeprazole magnesium) and Astellas Pharma’s treatment for overactive bladder Betanis Tablet 25 mg and 50 mg (mirabegron). The adrenal hormone preparation EpiPen Injection 0.15 mg and 0.3 mg (adrenaline) will be added to the NHI price list on September 22. Other products will be included in the NHI price list on September 12.
- Govt Panel Members Renew Call for Annual Drug Price Cuts, Amari Says Conclusion Out after 2016-2018 Consecutive Revisions May.20
- Panel OKs Sovaldi for Medical Subsidy, Monthly Copay at 10,000-20,000 Yen May.19
- Generic Drug Use May Reach 60% Target Ahead of Schedule, but Raising Target to 80% Would Be “Difficult”: Director Jo of EAD May.18
- PAFSC Second Committee to Review Safety Information of Takeda’s Hib Vaccine on May 28 May.18
- MHLW Announces 196 Newly Designated Intractable Diseases May.15